For some time I have been bored with what I eat for breakfast and don’t have the motivation to make the food I would want to eat in the morning, so I decided to make some healthy granola bars to kickstart my day. Here is my recipe which is nice and easy, you can’t really flop this one so enjoy.
2 cups rolled oats
75g almonds flakes
40g sunflower seeds
6T almond butter
10 Medjool dates
50g dried apricots
50g dried cranberries
2t ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Spread out the oats, almonds, and seeds on a large baking tray then place in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat the honey and nut butter over low heat.
- Destone the dates then blend with 100ml of warm water to make a paste.
- Stir cinnamon and salt into the oats mixture.
- Stir the date paste into the honey mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together until the oats is thoroughly covered with no dry bits.
- Spoon it into a lightly greased baking dish and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly then cut into squares
Enjoy your breakfast!